Checking accounts have been around for many years. In the old days the customer was issued a letter of credit by their bank and allowed to write their own check based on that. This was convenient for people who traveled a lot and didn’t want to carry cash. The principal is still the same. You deposit your money in a bank and they issue blank checks to access the money in your account.
There are many different types of checking accounts they are based on the amount of money you are willing to deposit, how much you will withdraw, and fee. The most common type for the average consumer is a household account. With this type of account there is a minimum balance to carry, usually five dollars to one hundred dollars. There are also extra features depending on your bank. Some banks offer free checking with a minimum balance and even free check blanks. There are some that have check cashing security, so if you write a check for over the amount of your balance the bank will deposit the money in your account so the check doesn’t bounce.
Then there are business accounts. On this type of account the bank usually charges a fee because the amounts of money that are moving through the accounts are large. They will take daily deposits and put them in the account for companies that are money handling. And they will issue checks that require more than one signature if it is needed. They will also allow a list of authorized people who can sign on the checks and have access to the account.
There are also corporate accounts these are much larger, usually moving even bigger sums of money. Many corporations have computer programs that will allow them to write checks to pay their accounts payable and to write payroll checks. And if the system is hooked in with the bank they can keep an update of the account at all times.
Choosing a bank to use for your checking and savings can be difficult and confusing because there are so many out there. There are some of the features you should look for when researching banks. One thing is convenience, how close is it to your home or job. The second is what kind of benefits are offered. You should get the list of benefits in writing so you can challenge any odd fees on your statement after you have started.
The third is interest, many banks now pay interest to the money in checking accounts and you should shop for the best rate especially if you keep large sums in your account. Another benefit is a small life insurance policy. These policies held by the bank are usually for the amounts between five and ten thousand. They also give the customer the opportunity to upgrade this policy if they wish.
- Latest Bank Account News
- Interesting Facts About Payday Cash Advances and if They Are Right for You
- Health Savings Accounts Work for Small Businesses
- Loans No Bank Account- Meant for All
- Solid Advice on Bankruptcy and Your Finances
- Investment Account
- The Do’s and Don’ts With Regards to Payday Advances
- Education Savings Accounts: Giving Parents Control of Their Children’s Education Reviews
- Bankruptcy Tips and Advice From the Experts
- Medicare Entitlements Exposed: How the Medicare Savings Account Will Change Healthcare Delivery Inside America
- Why Personal Bankruptcy Can Help You Out of Your Financial Worry
- MCSE 2003 Certification Test Training Online to Transfer Accounts
- Fastest Cash Loans Inside a Bank Account
- Look Below for Some Really Great Tips About Personal Finance
- How to Tell if a Payday Loan Is Right for You
- Savings Accounts for a Brighter Future
- How to Reverse the Effects of Personal Bankruptcy
- Voluntary Disclosure of Offshore Accounts Expires August 31 Online
- Is Bankruptcy the Best Option for You?
- 'I'M Ashamed of the Actions of the Government…I Resign:' Kremlin Fury Because …
- The Wealth ReserveTM a Tax-FREE Investment Account Reviews
- Signs It Might Be Time to File for Personal Bankruptcy
- Saving the City: The Great Financial Crisis of 1914
- Hints and Guidelines for Using Payday Loans Wisely
- How to Purchase Real Estate Overseas
- Reduce Your Financial Woes With This Helpful Information.
- Liquid Money – The Final Thing: Federal Reserve Plus Central Bank Accounts for Everyone Reviews
- Excellent Information on Bankruptcy Before You File
- Secret Sales Hypnosis: Work Less, Be Number 1, Explode the Bank Account Reviews
- You’ll Enjoy This Great Personal Finance Advice