Checking accounts have been around for many years. In the old days the customer was issued a letter of credit by their bank and allowed to write their own check based on that. This was convenient for people who traveled a lot and didn’t want to carry cash. The principal is still the same. You deposit your money in a bank and they issue blank checks to access the money in your account.
There are many different types of checking accounts they are based on the amount of money you are willing to deposit, how much you will withdraw, and fee. The most common type for the average consumer is a household account. With this type of account there is a minimum balance to carry, usually five dollars to one hundred dollars. There are also extra features depending on your bank. Some banks offer free checking with a minimum balance and even free check blanks. There are some that have check cashing security, so if you write a check for over the amount of your balance the bank will deposit the money in your account so the check doesn’t bounce.
Then there are business accounts. On this type of account the bank usually charges a fee because the amounts of money that are moving through the accounts are large. They will take daily deposits and put them in the account for companies that are money handling. And they will issue checks that require more than one signature if it is needed. They will also allow a list of authorized people who can sign on the checks and have access to the account.
There are also corporate accounts these are much larger, usually moving even bigger sums of money. Many corporations have computer programs that will allow them to write checks to pay their accounts payable and to write payroll checks. And if the system is hooked in with the bank they can keep an update of the account at all times.
Choosing a bank to use for your checking and savings can be difficult and confusing because there are so many out there. There are some of the features you should look for when researching banks. One thing is convenience, how close is it to your home or job. The second is what kind of benefits are offered. You should get the list of benefits in writing so you can challenge any odd fees on your statement after you have started.
The third is interest, many banks now pay interest to the money in checking accounts and you should shop for the best rate especially if you keep large sums in your account. Another benefit is a small life insurance policy. These policies held by the bank are usually for the amounts between five and ten thousand. They also give the customer the opportunity to upgrade this policy if they wish.
- Space Saving Kids Areas
- Personal Finance Advice You Can Use Today
- 3 Great Investment Directions Which Will Put Money in to Your Banking Account
- Things to Avoid When Dealing With Cash Advance Loans
- Helpful Advice for Anyone Looking to Better Their Fiances
- How to Locate the Greatest Bank Account Prices
- Making Money on eBay – Beginner’s Guide: Figure Out How to Sell Online on eBay – From Installing Records to Marketing Like a Pro
- Weighing All Your Options With Cash Advances
- The Worthwhile Features of Offshore Accounts
- Final Account : An Inspector Banks Mystery
- Special Tips About Payday Cash Advances and When to Use Them
- Triple Play Blower Account Fully for Nearly Half It Investment Impulse
- Hong-Kong Bank Account Opening Requirements
- Tips and Tricks for Making Smart Money Choices
- How You Can File Personal Bankruptcy
- Locations to Seek Out Managed Currency Trading Accounts – Think Convenience From Checking on the Net
- Everything You Need to Know About Personal Bankruptcy
- The “Individuals Energy” Business Superbook Book 3. Business License-Bank Account-Law-Taxes-Insurance
- Improve Your Future: What You Need to Know About Personal Finance
- Kinds of Company Bank Accounts
- The Smart Way to Use a Payday Loan
- Key Information About Payday Cash Advances That Everyone Should Know
- Offer Your Bank Checking Account Some Personality
- Latest on Line Account Information
- Checking Account Loans- Funds Right to Your Cost Savings Bank-Account
- How to Handle Your Personal Finance for the Long Term
- Non Directional Trading Options Residence Study Trading System Live Account
- Starting an Etsy Business for Dummies
- Manage Your Personal Finances With These Easy Tips
- Tend to Be Checking Accounts Appropriate for Teenagers?